Welcome! First time visit? Check out my very first post to get the big picture, then feel free to explore! Join me on this adventure God has set ahead of me!

Monday, January 10, 2011

PHOTOS! (finally!)

Alright! I think it's about time to put some faces to these names! I have gathered some of my favorite pics from facebook (since I forgot my camera!) to show you here with captions.

Our traveling team at the Minneapolis airport before our grueling 9 hour flight. Tim was a brave man... not only was he the only guy in our group, but also out of all the other women who joined us when we got there!

Listening intently to Costel's stories.... ok more like trying to figure out what he is signing to us! :) 

Playing a "Minute to Win it" game at the New Year's Eve party... that's me in the tan sweater trying to stack 5 apples... I did!

Making friendship bracelets while watching Titanic. The guy in the blue is named Resvan and I now have a bracelet he made for me. He is one of the transition house boys for this year's program.

Our group touring Bucharest- this is People's Palace, the bad guy's office. Ridiculous, right? It is the second largest government building to the Pentagon. It wasn't finished when the bad guy got caught and sentenced to death, so the good guys decided to finish it and use it for govt. 

Playing out on the frozen lake. This is the slippery patch of ice I was talking about that the kids made to slide on like a slip n' slide.

Niku and I arm wrestling... this kid had guns!

This is Megan and Sunny. Megan was on the team with me, and Sunny was the girl I told you about earlier. She has gone through the transition program, is 26, and wants to work on staff with H2H. They will probably hire her when they get another open position.

This is Nicoletta! Isn't she just adorable? This is the girl who we just colored and cuddled for the couple hours we had at the younger orphanage. The one who called me mommy. :)

These are the transition house boys for this year. They all insisted that we each take an individual picture with their group. So funny! The one in the front and the one to my right are twins. The one on the left could actually speak a bit of english... he was such a jokester!

The whole team... team members, interns, and H2H staff included!



Well, hopefully that helps give you a better "picture" of my time in Romania (Harhar!). It was such a life experience and huge blessing to get to serve all those kiddos. I hope it's in God's plan for my life to go back someday, but if not going definitely changed my perspective on my life and what I could do with it.

I got some more pics taken with the babies at the hospital and such but none that have been put up on facebook yet, so there might still be more coming. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! This satisfied my blog thirst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure a little piece of your heart just wanted to bring Nicoletta home with you and be her mommy. Amazing to think of how this trip has changed your future...God knows, and He's working out all of those details for your life!

    ReplyDelete