Welcome! First time visit? Check out my very first post to get the big picture, then feel free to explore! Join me on this adventure God has set ahead of me!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

DAY NINE... The LAST day.

I can't even sum up in words how I am feeling tonight... all I know is that I don't want to be heading home on a plane tomorrow morning. I have fallen in love with the kids here... with their unconditional love, their constant touch, all the non-verbal (and verbal) communication. Every day there was a new kid to be entranced by, and today was the hardest because I knew that since it was a new one for me, I wouldn't be able to build on the interactions. His name is Niku, and he's 13 years old. Today we had a great time playing cards, arm wrestling, and just hugging. It's weird how the kids are 'younger' here, and touch is essential.

Needless to say there will be lots of thinking over to be done on my 10 hours of flights tomorrow, and lots of processing. I'll get back to you all, but right now I'm just going to soak up my last few hours in ROMANIA!

4 comments:

  1. This is so sad that these children have a desire for attachment, but the people who work there full time are overloaded and the short term trip people are a short term attachment that gets taken away from them. I can totally see that an orphanage ministry needs long term people there...people committed to stay for a really long time. Wow, so hard. Maybe you'll adopt an orphan someday, Heather! That's pretty long term commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred, I so agree with what Pam Block said...she must be a really wise woman...with good insights for people and you. It does make you want to stay or to develop a longer relationship with a couple. I feel that way sometimes with the teens that we are meeting here in Mongolia...for example, Enkjin could use a father, even as a 15 year old. Blessings to you...we will lift you up as you travel back to USA. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Heather, I am praying for you just now as I know you are traveling... I'm trusting our Father to be guiding you along the way. He has done wonderful things for you these last 10 days! Even though your heart is heavy as you leave the friendships you have fostered there, you can go knowing that you left a part of yourself behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need a getting home post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete