Welcome! First time visit? Check out my very first post to get the big picture, then feel free to explore! Join me on this adventure God has set ahead of me!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DAY EIGHT

Today held many special moments with the kiddos. We went to Voluntar in the morning and played with a bunch of little ones for a couple hours... a little girl named Nicoletta attached herself to me when we got there. We had a great time just cuddling and sitting together, which doesn't happen much with the older kids at Parish since they are so active! We colored and I used the few affirmations I know- "good", "bravo", how pretty" over and over again! When we were leaving I tried to say goodbye to her but she was pretty distracted and didn't fully understand that we were going, so it was just a quick "pa!" (bye!). Then, as I was going down the stairs a few moments later I heard her yell "mami!" down to me and I turned around and she was waving and smiling and saying bye. My heart is just fluttering as I think about this because it was just so sweet... lots of emotions.

We then went to Parish in the afternoon and again there were many special moments as I got to play some card games with a girl that they think is autistic and she did really well compared to my interactions with her in the past week. Most of the kids were playing outside for awhile that I was inside so it was good to get one on one time with the few kids that stayed inside. I also got to meet and interact more with some of the older kids (teens) which is always fun.

Tonight an older man named Costel came over and told us stories about the revolution and the day that all the fighting happened and how he comandeered a tank, etc. It was very exciting and interesting to hear first-hand accounts. And now I am off to some good team bonding at 10:30 pm! I can't believe tomorrow is our last day... waahhh!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mami!!!! :)
    What a sweet story about Nicoletta! I think many of these orphans have captured your heart.
    We look forward to hearing more stories the next time we get to see you. Which, hopefully, will be soon!

    ReplyDelete