Welcome! First time visit? Check out my very first post to get the big picture, then feel free to explore! Join me on this adventure God has set ahead of me!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

DAY FIVE

Today I got to go to the baby hospital again... and it was even better the second time! I knew the babies and kind of how they acted, so it was fun to just get to enjoy them. If I had favorites :), it would be a little girl who doesn't have a name but we call her Sophia. She is about 10 months old but soooo little. Today she cuddled with me a lot which was so precious because most of the babies will just hang out, rather than put their head against your chest and hold on to you like a little monkey. :) So it was a good day!

We have the five boys that are in the transition house over at the H2H house tonight because the transition house leader is out of town. They are probably between 18-23 I would guess. None of them speak very much English at all, so it has been just gestures and a little bit of translating. But it is really fun to get to interact with Romanians my age... seeing as I came on this trip expecting to be spending a lot of time just with kids and babies.

Our team seems to be doing great. So far this trip has definitely outweighed any expectations I may have had for it. Every day is just a great adventure, but at the same time so comfortable and natural feeling! Tomorrow we will go to the church here and then to the mall to have lunch and one of the H2H staff will be giving us a tour of the city... should be exciting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of thinking I should seek out an orphanage here. Just a thought. A seed thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture you hugging a little baby while she hugs you back 'like a little monkey'. What a sweet description. We're praising God for fulfilling your expectations and beyond during your time in Romania.

    ReplyDelete